One of our friends from tokuAsia, Jacky392000, have successfully interviewed one of this year's favorite Sentai Senshi, Moune aka GoseiYellow. Mikiho Niwa in real life, is a 21 year old member of the Jpop group Canary Club.
Jacky392000 has been in contact with TNX through e-mail regarding a permission to interview one of their talents. But due to unforeseen circumstances, only Mikiho Niwa of the whole Tensou Sentai Goseiger lead cast had allowed to be interviewed.
Here's the full interview with Mikiho Niwa:
1. First of all, thank you very much for allowing us to do this interview with you. Is it okay to address you as “Mikki”? (laughs)
I’d like to say thank you very much as well. You can call me “Mikki” as much you want!
2. Goseiger’s air time is almost over. Tell us about your experience and happenings during this one year.
My acting abilities are still very low but there’s nothing better than having everybody watching me on TV every week. Also, finding out that the explosion scenes aren’t CG scenes at all left a huge impact on me and it was also my first experience.
3. Have you always wanted to become a Sentai Heroine? Tell us your opinion on passing the auditions.
Although I knew about Super Sentai because of my older brother, during the time around Goseiger’s auditions, I did some research on the franchise and studied through them. I was shocked when I found out that Super Sentai has a long history! After passing the auditions, my body was shaking and I was so stunned, I couldn’t feel a single thing!
4. Other than having an older brother, what else do you have in common with Mone?
We’re both straightforward and we both love children!
5. What are your thoughts on working together with GoseiYellow’s stuntwoman, Nogawa Mizuho-san?
I’ve always discussed a lot of things with Nogawa-san. We even talk about our performance and Mone. Especially during the time we both rehearsed the cheerleading dance together. That was an unforgettable memory.
6. It’s the 35th Anniversary for Super Sentai next year. What are Mikki’s expectations?
I’m quite expecting a lot for the 35th Anniversary! It’d be nice if I was involved in any future anniversary works as a senior hero.
-Regarding Niwa Mikiho-
1. If not mistaken, you started this career all thanks to your mother, right?
Not just my mother, I’m also grateful to my grandfather who has bought me fashion magazines.
2. If you weren’t a Nicola model or a member of Canary Club, what would the current Mikki be doing?
Hmmm, I would become a dance teacher. Since I love children, I can see myself working as any type of teacher.
3. Speaking of which, tell us about your experience and happenings during your time in Nicola and Canary Club.
During Nicola, I’ve worked together with models of the same age so it felt like we were like childhood friends. I love being fashionable now because of the varieties of outfits I got to wear back then. As for Canary Club, there’s definitely live performances, but there’s also radio personality, stage shows and also cheerleading. Not only I’ve expanded my own personal experience, I also get to meet a lot of wonderful people.
4. Mikki has also started venturing into gravure this year. How were the fans’ reaction?
Fans who have been supporting me were really warm and supporting and I’m happy that they left a lot of comments on my mini blog. There are also a lot of people who has known me through Goseiger and during events, my fanbase has definitely grown since those who attended were from boys to girls to families.
5. Your aspirations for 2011?
2010 was a big year for me, so I wish to continue developing in 2011.
1. Lastly, your message to your international fans please.
Doing this interview to make people overseas know my name makes me feel really happy. I love foreign countries so much that I wish to hold events there someday. I wish to have more exchange between foreign countries and Japan, so that I can convey all kinds of information to everybody! Please support me. Thank you very much!
Interview by: Jaclyn
Translated by: Jaclyn
All props to Jacky392000 and tokuAsia for all their efforts on making this interview with Mikiho Niwa a success. Hopefully, we will get a video interview next time around.
All images and videos here are property of their respective owners and used for reference purpose only. We claim no rights to it unless otherwise stated.